Thursday, April 15, 2010

WTH is up with my graphics card?

No matter what I do to my ATI 4870 it keeps my GPU clock locked down at 500MHz, I tried using ATI over-drive and then I tried using rivatuner but not mater what it locks itself back 500MHz. Isnt my card supposed to be at 750MHz? WTH is going on?any help would be appreciated. WTH is up with my graphics card?
Try another set of drivers.WTH is up with my graphics card?
Doesn't it automatically clock itself to 500Mhz if it's not doing 3D applications?
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/common-vista64I forgot, incase anyone wondered what drivers I was using.
[QUOTE=''Larrymon2000'']Doesn't it automatically clock itself to 500Mhz if it's not doing 3D applications?[/QUOTE]



I have never seen that before in my life. If its true I can calm down.
Well I got a 4850 and I know for a fact that it will clock down under 2D apps, but with gaming will clock up again. Check your clock while gaming.
Powerplay or something isnt it? My GTX 260 downclocks to 300Mhz.
To be honest I've never seen a GPU underclock itself before. So I was highly confused by this.
It's for power saving. My 4850 is at 500 MHz right now, 1.5Ghz effect memclock.
I guess this is my bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment