Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dust vs RAM

I bought a new stick of RAM for a old trash PC. I go to install it and notice only two RAM slots, one used, one dusty as hell. This PC hasnt been open for 9 years, no joke. I put the RAM in despite the dust( hardly seeing the slot). When the PC starts it beeps meaning somethings wrong, this happened before, it's because the RAM wasn't placed right. I didn't try to fix it last night, got a big math test coming up so I ask this;Could the dust block the RAM?Dust vs RAM
Certaintly! You need to clean that slot outDust vs RAM
also make sure the pc can handle the type and size of the ram stick (both the amount of ram on the individual stick and the total amount) i had a laptop that could only take 512 mb of ram and it HAD to be in 2 x 256 form. i tried a single 512 stick and it didn't work.
Actualy I realized I bought some DDR266 instead of DDR400. Thanks anyway.
IT should still work, but if the PC supports DDR400 you should use that, although if the PC is 9 years old (or more) im not sure if will make a huge diff. But get some conpressed air and blow the whole pc out.
All your ram will downclock to DDR266.
[QUOTE=''jmnderson69'']All your ram will downclock to DDR266.[/QUOTE] That's why I don't care to get it to work.
  • lip stain
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment