Thursday, April 15, 2010

Need advice! (Preferably P5Q Pro user)

So....I have my E8400 stable at 3.6Ghz and my ram is clock at 800Mhz. But I wish to attain 3.8/4.0 but my PC always crashes when my ram is overclocked to 850Mhzish. Others have had my ram running at 1000Mhz stable so im not sure if its some board options that need tweaking or what? Anybody with P5Q Pro Experience?P.S. I realize my CPU will need more volts etc before that is made a point of.Need advice! (Preferably P5Q Pro user)
I'm not sure, but I'd think you'd have to up the ram voltage. Wait for some more replys though, since I havnt oc'ed using the pro, though I do own it. Need advice! (Preferably P5Q Pro user)
I have the same exact Motherboard and the Same exact CPU, and 800mhz ram. Mine tops out at 3.71 ghz. I haven't tried upping the ram voltage, but I've tried everything else. What kind of ram do you have?
Geil 800Mhz DDR2 Ultra Low Latency. Geil say its overclocking ram.
I would try upping the ram voltage little by little and seeing if it helps you in overclocking. Hopefully you have better luck than I did with my GSkill pc 6400.
I haven't that board but I had to up the ram voltage of my memory by 0.1V to get it to run stable @ 1000Mhz and mine was Pc8000 memory anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment