Thursday, April 15, 2010

UGH!!! help!!

Well, im in the middle of installing windows vista 64bit on my built pc(that i built yesterday) and its asking me to select the drivers to be installed, i tried putting in my mobo,video card, and windows vista cds but it always endsp saying no drvers could be found, it wont let me continue unless i select the drivers...what do i do??

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHzGigabyte EP45-UD3R
Geforce GTX 260/216 Core4GB (2 x 2) RAM UGH!!! help!!
well i had 64 bit vista ulitmate and after i let it install this i put n the mobo cd



are you talking about sata drivers?UGH!!! help!!
[QUOTE=''Grunge14''] Well, im in the middle of installing windows vista 64bit on my built pc(that i built yesterday) and its asking me to select the drivers to be installed, i tried putting in my mobo,video card, and windows vista cds but it always endsp saying no drvers could be found, it wont let me continue unless i select the drivers...what do i do??

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHzGigabyte EP45-UD3R
Geforce GTX 260/216 Core4GB (2 x 2) RAM [/QUOTE] connect to the internet..... When I have installed Vista (which sum total is 5 or 6 times ) I have never had a prompt that asks me to install a driver. That said, if i was not connected to the internet I think it might.
Well it says ''Select the drivers to be installed'' and i dont know what to put in...every cd i put in it says no drivers
[QUOTE=''NSR34GTR'']well i had 64 bit vista ulitmate and after i let it install this i put n the mobo cd



are you talking about sata drivers?[/QUOTE]



So do i connect to the internet then restart my computer then reinstall?
[QUOTE=''Grunge14''][QUOTE=''NSR34GTR'']well i had 64 bit vista ulitmate and after i let it install this i put n the mobo cd are you talking about sata drivers?[/QUOTE] So do i connect to the internet then restart my computer then reinstall?[/QUOTE]



Not for sure if what I am saying is the solution but it might be worth connecting your cables to your modem, the shutting everything down, re-start and install.

In other words I dont think you have to verify that you have a connection other then the router/modem being on and you cable pluged into your card.
You should not need any driver during the installation of Vista, that I am aware of at least.



What all do you have in the PC. Is it possible they are just giving you the option of installing drivers and you can just skip that part?
They wont let me skip, do i need to update my BIOS? bump
[QUOTE=''Grunge14'']They wont let me skip, do i need to update my BIOS? bump[/QUOTE] What about turning the power off. :) If you know for sure your cable is not ''wired'' into your connection to the internet I would turn the power off, plug in those cables and turn it back on. Worst case is that it will start the install from scratch but its likely it will pick up at someplace other then fresh start. I do assume you backed up any personal stuff
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
[QUOTE=''SEANMCAD''][QUOTE=''Grunge14'']They wont let me skip, do i need to update my BIOS? bump[/QUOTE] What about turning the power off. :) If you know for sure your cable is not ''wired'' into your connection to the internet I would turn the power off, plug in those cables and turn it back on. Worst case is that it will start the install from scratch but its likely it will pick up at someplace other then fresh start. I do assume you backed up any personal stuff [/QUOTE]



Well its a brand new pc so...i just tried it again...it still says i need to install the drivers...i am not updating BTW...im installing vista for the first time bump
[QUOTE=''Grunge14''][QUOTE=''SEANMCAD''][QUOTE=''Grunge14'']They wont let me skip, do i need to update my BIOS? bump[/QUOTE] What about turning the power off. :) If you know for sure your cable is not ''wired'' into your connection to the internet I would turn the power off, plug in those cables and turn it back on. Worst case is that it will start the install from scratch but its likely it will pick up at someplace other then fresh start. I do assume you backed up any personal stuff [/QUOTE] Well its a brand new pc so...i just tried it again...it still says i need to install the drivers...i am not updating BTW...im installing vista for the first time bump[/QUOTE]



Yeah then I am at a lose I am afraid. All the installs I have done including the machine I built myself didnt ask me this so I assume it pulled what it needed from an online connection,.
bump .....*sigh*
Could you take a picture of the screen, or tell us exactly what it says.



What are your specs?
Heres some pics...sorry theyre kinda small, i took them with my phone
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/karim11/12-18-08_1947-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/karim11/12-18-08_1949.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/karim11/12-18-08_1950-1.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/karim11/12-18-08_1951.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/karim11/12-18-08_1952.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/karim11/12-18-08_1948.jpgwhen i put in my motherboard CD it says ''No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers. Then click OK.'' bump
OK, that helps, I think, LOL. Kinda hard to tell exactly what I am seeing, but I think it is at the screen asking you to choose what drive to install Vista on. The reason it is asking for drivers, is it figures there is a disk there that it just can't see.



Now I assume you have a HD, and it is hooked up, correct? If it is then you need to check and see if it is recognized in BIOS? Just go into BIOS and see if the HD shows up.
[QUOTE=''opamando'']OK, that helps, I think, LOL. Kinda hard to tell exactly what I am seeing, but I think it is at the screen asking you to choose what drive to install Vista on. The reason it is asking for drivers, is it figures there is a disk there that it just can't see.



Now I assume you have a HD, and it is hooked up, correct? If it is then you need to check and see if it is recognized in BIOS? Just go into BIOS and see if the HD shows up.[/QUOTE]



Yes the HD is hooked up and BIOS reads it.
Hmmm, interesting. You might have to format the HD first. If the drive did not come with any discs you should be able to download it from the manufacturers website.
[QUOTE=''opamando'']Hmmm, interesting. You might have to format the HD first. If the drive did not come with any discs you should be able to download it from the manufacturers website.[/QUOTE]



How am i supposed to format it from the internet if i dont have vista installed on my computer
How are you talking on this forum now, I assume using another PC, maybe not, but thats what I figured. If you are just download it on the other PC, burn it to a disc, or put on a flash drive. If that is not possible, I was doing some looking and it seems on some mobo's you need to switch a certain HD setting from SATA to IDE or something along that line, as all motherboards are different.Also it might help to know the specs.
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment