Sunday, April 11, 2010

In the market for a new gaming keyboard.

I have been using a regular plain jane multimedia board for years. I need a full fledged, highly rated, superb quality gaming board. - Must be wired.- Must be absent of any key combination problems ( ie. Pushing W + S + D renders all other keys unresponsive ).- Preferably standalone macro keys with a nice and non-cumbersome layout ( play a good bit of MMOs )I looked at G15's but wasnt sure if it was still the prefered board. In the market for a new gaming keyboard.
Well the G15 can still be the preferred board, it just depends on what the user prefers. I use a G15 v1 and for me I would hate to use anything else. But others hate it, so if you like it, Logitech is actually having a sell on the v1 G15 right now. Not a bad price, considering how hard they are to find.Or you might prefer the G15v2, my GF has that one. I like the V1 better, but quite a few people disagree.But if you do not want one of those there are many more, but I will let other suggest what they prefer. In the market for a new gaming keyboard.
I have the G15, more notably v2 with the orange LCD and I absolutely love it. I was pretty much in your exact case Echo: i just bought a cheapo keyboard when i built my rig just to get me thru it, and few months later when that one started to go i wanted to invest into something really nice. If you overclock at all, you can monitor temps if you download EVEREST and set it up right. Its sooooo nice being able to look at exact CPU loads/Tems and GPU temps in-game. You can also use it for media applications, changing tracks, volume/mute, etc. A lot of programs have plugins for it too to display certain things. I haven't used the macro keys on the left (theres 6 total w/ 3 different memories each, for a total of 18 macros) so I can't really describe using those. Aside from that, the response is great and accurate, and the feel is awesome too. Backlighting is a nice plus.



I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
The most expensive one is the optimus maximus at $1800

No comments:

Post a Comment