Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Power supply recommendation and video card question.

I'm thinking about buying http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130380and was wondering what power supply i should purchase with it, also will the power supply fit in my a6130n hp desktop computer?And will this card run fallout 3 Power supply recommendation and video card question.
Yep, that will un most games max settings (except Crysis) You will need at least a 400W PSU.



I cant figure out if that tower is a standard ATX tower, it looks like it, but dont know for sure. You should crack open the case and look at the PSU to see if it is a standard ATX PSU. It should say on it, ATX or ATX12V or something to that effect. If it does than you are good to go with any ATX PSU. If not, you may need to get a PSU off ebay specifically.



I have an older a1410n that I have upgraded (because I got it for FREE from work!) and from my expereince, most of HP'stuff is standard ATX, so I think you are good.



I have this PSU and LOVE it, a great price as wellPower supply recommendation and video card question.
Pretty much any non server based PSU @ or below 500watts will fit in your case regardless. The only possible problem would be the mounting rails not lining up. The only situation i think you would run into with it not fitting would be if you purchased something like one of the killowatt PCP%26C units which are, for all intents and purposes NOT ATX spec when it comes to external dimensions. ( mine is almost as long as a shorter redundant server unit ).

No comments:

Post a Comment