Thursday, April 15, 2010

Intalling Display Drivers

I have installed display drivers before, but I never uninstalled my previous one before installing the new one. But If I uninstall my current driver, wouldn't that stop my display adapter from working properly? I just don't get how it works to uninstall my current driver before installing the new one, because that would leave my display adapter with no driver at all. Can someone please point me in the right direction here. Oh I am also running SLI. Intalling Display Drivers
Just uninstall your driver from add/remove programs, and reboot. Windows will then use the default VGA driver. Then install your new driver.Intalling Display Drivers
Okay thanks I'll try that.
One more question before I install this new driver. The driver I am wanting to install is the Nvidia 178.24 driver, but my gpu isn't listed on the supported gpu list. I figured it was just because I have a mobile gpu.Would it be a wise decision to install that driver anyway? *Edit, nope it won't install. During the installation it say that no drivers were found that were compatable with my hardware. Oh well guess I'll just keep my old driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment