Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Got a question about a refurb macbook pro

i've been looking into getting one of these bad boyshttp://store.apple.com/ca/product/FB488LL/A?mco=MjE0NjE5MAbut im wondering - obviously they do not manufacture these anymore, so how long do you figure i would have before they run out? i wanted to wait until snow leopard comes out, but then i think i may not have time; and even then they might not install snow leopard on these old modelsanyone care to add? Got a question about a refurb macbook pro
Refurb machines ship with the OS they originally came with. Even if you do find 1 when Snow Leopard ships you have ZERO chance of scoring a refurb with it installed, unless you buy a refurb of a machine that originally shipped with it.Got a question about a refurb macbook pro
Bloody hellYeah i really like that one, and im not a fan of the look of the new onesGuess I should buy pretty soon, i dont suppose Apple will drop the price on these things further...in fact they dont drop prices ever
Apple are well known for not putting anything on sale _except_ their Black Friday sale, and you've missed that. Unfortunately by the time Apple are ready to drop the prices on these refurbs you'll probably find they have none left. Buying a refurb really needs to be an impulse decision, it's a really bad idea to wait for the price to ''maybe'' drop in the future as all of the refurbs disappear.
yeah its just a BIT more than i wanted to pay for laptopbut i guess it will last a really long timeOh well whats $100 for a copy of snow leopard if im blowing $1599 on this thing
[QUOTE=''BobSacamento'']its just a BIT more than i wanted to pay...[/QUOTE]



I say that everytime I get a new Mac. ;)
how do you feel about it lolis that machine worth it?I guess when you compare it to an Asus of the same specs its only like $300 more expensive - compared to the usual $2700 they go for new
Haha, i would go all out and get a new one......well actually i wouldn't get a Mac as i have no reason to own one yet.
i should just Hackintosh a new asusI don't know how people can justify paying $2700 just to run leopard at least in the past they used different hardware so it seemed special
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
[QUOTE=''BobSacamento'']how do you feel about it[/QUOTE]



At the moment I don't think Apple have any machines worth purchasing other than the Mac Pro. The notebooks are over priced, the iMac makes me laugh, and the Mac Mini... well yeah that hasn't been updated in what 10,000 years?



Recently I was ready to purchase a notebook and I considered getting another Mac but in the end I got a Dell XPS M1330. I was so impressed with the M1330 when it came time to replace my rather boring metal iMac I purchased a Dell XPS desktop. I'll get another Mac when Apple finally start using some interesting hardware again.



Don't let that turn you off though. You've posted many times about buying the MacBook Pro on these forums and I say go for it, since you really want 1.
apple never drops there prices and a refurb will come with mac osx. I bought a macbook and i do like it quite alot. I only ever play WOW on it. But yes if you dont like the new macbook pro's you should act fast because the refurb will go fast.
Yeah, refurbs are usually a good find on Apple's website. I don't think you're gonna see Snow Leopard until later in 2009. I know they're supposed to show it off at Macworld, but I highly HIGHLY doubt its gonna be released then. Also, I know the Mac Minis and iMacs are due for a refresh at Macworld too, so once that happens, expect a whole lotta cheapo old Mac Minis to jump on the refurb store. Being the most inexpensive Macs, I was thinking of picking one of those up myself.....



I wouldn't worry about that MBP running Snow Leopard either. I'm sure it will run great. The oldest Mac to run Leopard is a G4 at like 800MHZ (which is probably, what, 6 or 7 years old?), and with the speculation that they're focusing now more on making a more ''light-weight'' OS, we can prob expect similar specs.
[QUOTE=''XRED_0'']The oldest Mac to run Leopard is a G4 at like 800MHZ (which is probably, what, 6 or 7 years old?), and with the speculation that they're focusing now more on making a more ''light-weight'' OS, we can prob expect similar specs.[/QUOTE]



Um... Snow Leopard is Intel only.
[QUOTE=''CellAnimation''][QUOTE=''BobSacamento'']its just a BIT more than i wanted to pay...[/QUOTE] I say that everytime I get a new Mac. ;)[/QUOTE] thats why its a bad idea to buy a mac period.overpriced peices of junk
[QUOTE=''XRED_0'']Yeah, refurbs are usually a good find on Apple's website. I don't think you're gonna see Snow Leopard until later in 2009. I know they're supposed to show it off at Macworld, but I highly HIGHLY doubt its gonna be released then. Also, I know the Mac Minis and iMacs are due for a refresh at Macworld too, so once that happens, expect a whole lotta cheapo old Mac Minis to jump on the refurb store. Being the most inexpensive Macs, I was thinking of picking one of those up myself..... I wouldn't worry about that MBP running Snow Leopard either. I'm sure it will run great. The oldest Mac to run Leopard is a G4 at like 800MHZ (which is probably, what, 6 or 7 years old?), and with the speculation that they're focusing now more on making a more ''light-weight'' OS, we can prob expect similar specs.[/QUOTE]yeah the one im looking at getting is still faster than the whole new line macbooks so it has to runthe new macbook pro's have the 9600 as opposed to the 8600 - but they are the same speed roughlyother than that and some slightly faster ram, its the same
[QUOTE=''voodoochild815''][QUOTE=''CellAnimation''][QUOTE=''BobSacamento'']its just a BIT more than i wanted to pay...[/QUOTE] I say that everytime I get a new Mac. ;)[/QUOTE] thats why its a bad idea to buy a mac period.overpriced peices of junk [/QUOTE]



It took a while but we have our first troll!
overpriced yes - thats why i go refurbpieces of junk - no
[QUOTE=''CellAnimation''][QUOTE=''XRED_0'']The oldest Mac to run Leopard is a G4 at like 800MHZ (which is probably, what, 6 or 7 years old?), and with the speculation that they're focusing now more on making a more ''light-weight'' OS, we can prob expect similar specs.[/QUOTE]



Um... Snow Leopard is Intel only.[/QUOTE]



I know, I wasn't implying it was gonna run on G4's, but I remember at WWDC they talked about how they're focusing more on it being a crazy lightweight OS versus completely redesigning.
they're gonna make it true 64 bit - they're going to focus heavily on multi core processors and fully utilizing themalso they're going to make it so that the graphics cards are used for regular processing in addition to the CPUalso something about ''cocoa'' but im not sure exactly what that is http://www.apple.com/macosx/snowleopard/

No comments:

Post a Comment