Thursday, April 15, 2010

XFX 260 Black Edition Crysis Question

Hi, I'm considering getting this card along with a quad core processor. I was wondering if my resolution will be 1440x900 if i'll be able to run crysis on very high smoothly or not? Any help would be great. Also if you own the card, what has been your experience with it? XFX 260 Black Edition Crysis Question
Yes you would, but I think your system may be too much to game at 1440x900. So I wouldn't recommend getting such a powerful card and processor unless you plan on upgrading your monitor. But it's up to you.XFX 260 Black Edition Crysis Question
What do you mean? Does it effect the system at all?
No, your monitor won't affect your system. But a 260GTX may be a more powerful card then you need. I think the 260GTX would be more useful when gaming in 1900x1200 and up. But like I said it's up to you.
I'll upgrade it eventually. For now its fine though. Do you own this card? I've heard mixed things about xfx as a manf.
I don't have the card but I think xfx is a pretty good manufacturer. I also hear a lot of positive comments about EVGA.
It may be good to get a GTX 260 anyways because if you get a larger monitor in the future you want to be able to use it to the fullest.
yes I probabily will upgrade it eventually. Besides I won't have to upgrade the gpu for awhile =D
I'm currently building a new rig because my wife's taking the one in my sig for herself if but I've acquired two of them and already tested them on the rig in my sig. They are very good cards, great performance and overclocking ability, my only problem is they run in the 70C range and sometimes into the 80C range after a fair while of gaming but other then that they are great cards.
[QUOTE=''teh_VU'']I don't have the card but I think xfx is a pretty good manufacturer. I also hear a lot of positive comments about EVGA.[/QUOTE]

yes, evga is great thats what i have, but xfx is also a very good maufacturer, idk why your two cards are getting up to 70 or 80c, you must have the fan speed on ''auto'' which is nvidia's way of saying ''always 40%'' so ya, download evga precision, it works for all nvidia products, and it is so simple to use, just up the fan speed to 70 or 80% and you'll be fine, they will play anything on any setting at pretty much any resolution, they are worth it!
[QUOTE=''wolfdogelite''][QUOTE=''teh_VU'']I idk why your two cards are getting up to 70 or 80c, you must have the fan speed on ''auto'' which is nvidia's way of saying ''always 40%'' so ya, download evga precision, it works for all nvidia products, and it is so simple to use, just up the fan speed to 70 or 80% and you'll be fine, they will play anything on any setting at pretty much any resolution, they are worth it![/QUOTE]

Nah I normally water cool my rigs, just not use to hardware with high temps :P



Once they are water cooled they'll drop down in the 40C range.
am playing it at 1650 , with 4X AA , all high , and getting around 25-40 Fps , i hoped for more
[QUOTE=''sentenced83'']am playing it at 1650 , with 4X AA , all high , and getting around 25-40 Fps , i hoped for more [/QUOTE]



dont count off your poor performance on the card, i think that your cpu is holdig you back, i had the gtx 260 and i played @ 1920x1080, maxed settings, all very high, and i got a steady 25 fps, maybe down to 20 in big fire-fights, but i have the e8400 and i overclocked it to 3.4ghz at the time
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment