Thursday, April 15, 2010

is it worth getting a dedicated sound card

is it worth it if its goan be pci and not pci-e as i noly have one pci-e slot and thats used by my gpuis it worth getting a dedicated sound card
Definitely. Especially if you have a decent set of speakers. Going from onboard sound to my sound card was like night and day. Everything was so much clearer and crisp. Totally worth it.is it worth getting a dedicated sound card
wot would u recommend then
What's your budget? And what speakers do you have?
Going from a realtech88xx to a x-fi insnt that big upgrade, but to an good card migth be a diffrence.



I can tell you that a sub $50 card will not make a diffrence, but a good $100 card will.



So it's about what card you get, not that it's just a dedicated sound card, cos there a bunch of lame cards out.



...But using computer speakers with a expencive soundcard is a waste, even the best computerspeakers is weak and sound bad when compared to a decent Amp and speakers.
Depends on the card.
got 2.1 sony srs d211 surprisingly gd value bass is decent but i see your arguement and it might be better for me to get better speakers first any recomendations i paln on getting them and maybe the sound card all on boxing day in sales
Yes it should make a diference.



I have a surround sound speakers a z-5450 Logitech speakers and what a difference it maks imo.



I used to have a 100 + sound card and it only last about 1 month or so before it died on me but I whent out and bought a 30.00 card and it has lasted longer then that card like 5 or more months and I'm not joking. I'm not sure if I had a bad card to begin with or what but this older cheaper one works just fine for me.



I used to have a soundblaster extremegameing sound card and I love that card a lot but that is the one that lasted like a month or so.



Now I have a sound blaster se and that card has gone farther then the other one. So I'm not sure how to explain that one.
get sumthing soundblaster i recommend the xi-fi gamer edition.
[QUOTE=''humpas''] is it worth it if its goan be pci and not pci-e as i noly have one pci-e slot and thats used by my gpu[/QUOTE]No it is not worth it. Invest your money into better speakers which makes the difference of course you could buy expensive speakers and sound cards that cost more than my entire Rig. It isn't worth it in my opinion.
ok im gona dis regard the last comment as it seems to be the minority and how about this for sound card the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer as for speakers im not to sure im just gona buy it all at once to make it simpler
[QUOTE=''humpas'']ok im gona dis regard the last comment as it seems to be the minority and how about this for sound card the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer as for speakers im not to sure im just gona buy it all at once to make it simpler[/QUOTE]Im gonna be totally honest with you about my oppinion, i would not by a soundcard just for gaming, just not worth the little improvment from that kind of sound, i mean, the quality on most games sound is not the best and therfor a soundcard will not be the weakest link. When talking about sound we have a very high rate of ''plazebo'' many people think it sounds better just because it's a expencive card or they have fairly expencive computer speakers, and yes i't actually may be so but with the ecuipment many have they really wont know the diffrence of good or better. I am not generalizing, i said ''many people'' and not all. I am an audiophile, i really care about good sound but while gaming it's not all that important many other variables take in to count when gaming such as viewing and the game itsealf, but while playing a good recorded DVD musik thru the PC it's a big diffrence in clearity and crisp. (If you got the PC connected digital to an AMP/receiver that have fairly good quality, and matched with good speakers.) And while recording musik in the studio a great sound card will show how good it is, but for casual gaming and MP3 musik any motherboard soundchip/card will do just fine.So what it really comes down to is what your main usage for the card is, and if it's the upgrade you really want.I would recomend the card in my rig, has great components. (same as found in creatives moust expencive pro studio cards.) And sound amacing for it's value, great for studio use and very,very low noise. and perform outstanding in musik. ouch.., this was a long post for such short q but atleast im honest and not trying to sell you a soundblaster. XD...
im not just using it for aming i listen to a lot of music and watch films on my my pc i just thought the gamer title was just marketing thats all and im not just getting better speakers for sound i want 5.1 for films and games, i dont have a single use but many and thought that my sound was alcking
[QUOTE=''humpas'']im not just using it for aming i listen to a lot of music and watch films on my my pc i just thought the gamer title was just marketing thats all and im not just getting better speakers for sound i want 5.1 for films and games, i dont have a single use but many and thought that my sound was alcking[/QUOTE]

All gigabyte p35 are shipped with onboard soud able to output 5.1 channel sound.

If this is the problem, you migth get new speakers witch actually are 5 (+ subwoofer) seperate speakers. ;)
it does make a difference... i have a Soundblaster X-FI Platnium hooked to a Onkyo 908 System hooked with Optical... and trust me it makes a big difference... well unless you get the new Ati Radeon 4870x2 which has HDMI with Full 1080p, if you want great sound get a Platnium version of a Creative card and use the optical inputs... but i guess if you only have 2.1 sound then there really aint going to be a big change

No comments:

Post a Comment