Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time for some Overclocking?

A quick question: How much can I come up with with my Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2,4 Ghz?Time for some Overclocking?
[QUOTE=''kunggustaf'']A quick question: How much can I come up with with my Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2,4 Ghz?[/QUOTE]What CPU cooler are you using? are you using the stock retail?Time for some Overclocking?
You should be able to easily reach a stable 3ghz. Beyond that it's anyone's guess. Some CPUS and setups overclock better than others.
You've got a quad unless you meant E6600.
[QUOTE=''Captain__Tripps'']You've got a quad unless you meant E6600.[/QUOTE] It is a Quad, and to teddyrob: Im not entirely sure which cooling fan Im using but my guess would be the one that came with the Quad. How do I overclock?
[QUOTE=''kunggustaf''][QUOTE=''Captain__Tripps'']You've got a quad unless you meant E6600.[/QUOTE] It is a Quad, and to teddyrob: Im not entirely sure which cooling fan Im using but my guess would be the one that came with the Quad. How do I overclock? [/QUOTE]



Generally done by raising your FSB speed. It depends on your motherboard how you go about it. You should probably search google for your motherboard/cpu combo + overclocking. You might find someone or a guide that will help.
[QUOTE=''kunggustaf''][QUOTE=''Captain__Tripps'']You've got a quad unless you meant E6600.[/QUOTE] It is a Quad, and to teddyrob: Im not entirely sure which cooling fan Im using but my guess would be the one that came with the Quad. How do I overclock? [/QUOTE]Increase the FSB but if you have the stock cooler then I wouldn't recommend a high overclock because under full load the cores will get very hot. You want to keep an eye on your core temperatures. Download a program so you can check your temperatures and prime95 to cheak the overclock is stable.
  • lip stain
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment