Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hey Guys! Review my soon to be rig!

So guys after a couple of threads, I finalize pretty much my new rig and I would love for you guys to review it and rate it. I put alot of thought into getting a MAC but I guess I'll invest in a good quality PC to put it to the test for animation, media, gaming, rendering, editing. So here it isMotherboard-Intel Quad-core Cpu READY,CORE2 /extreme / Duo Ready, Intel P43 / ICH10R ChipsetGPU-EVGA GTX 280CPU-Core 2 Quad Q9550 Hard Drive-Samsung 1TB SATA 3.0GbMemory-Kingston 8GBPower Supply-730WRunning om Vista Home Premium 64 bit.I'm still debating on the motherboard but thats probably it. What do you guys think? Crysis and Maya, here I come! =] Hey Guys! Review my soon to be rig!
Sexy enough =PHey Guys! Review my soon to be rig!
Get this mobo. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128359I was gonna say ''what 8gb what overkill'', but then i noticed you said for rendering and stuff so ya that will be great.
i'd cut down on the ram and buy an i7 processor.
[QUOTE=''ferret-gamer'']i'd cut down on the ram and buy an i7 processor.[/QUOTE]



This isn't just for gaming he said it's ''for animation, media, gaming, rendering, editing.'' True for gaming you probably only need 4gb, but the others you'll want about 8gb.
You would be crazy to buy a GTX280 and a Q9550 and not get a P45. I would go with a Gigabyte UD3P.
[QUOTE=''artiedeadat40'']You would be crazy to buy a GTX280 and a Q9550 and not get a P45. I would go with a Gigabyte UD3P.[/QUOTE]



Yes either the ud3p or the ud3r, the ud3p isn't much more expensive.
Also buy a quality psu. Thats very important as well. A 750w Corsair isn't too expensive.
[QUOTE=''Kamekazi_69'']So guys after a couple of threads, I finalize pretty much my new rig and I would love for you guys to review it and rate it. I put alot of thought into getting a MAC but I guess I'll invest in a good quality PC to put it to the test for animation, media, gaming, rendering, editing. So here it isMotherboard-Intel Quad-core Cpu READY,CORE2 /extreme / Duo Ready, Intel P43 / ICH10R ChipsetGPU-EVGA GTX 280CPU-Core 2 Quad Q9550 Hard Drive-Samsung 1TB SATA 3.0GbMemory-Kingston 8GBPower Supply-730WRunning om Vista Home Premium 64 bit.I'm still debating on the motherboard but thats probably it. What do you guys think? Crysis and Maya, here I come! =][/QUOTE]Really good. 9.5/10
[QUOTE=''artiedeadat40'']You would be crazy to buy a GTX280 and a Q9550 and not get a P45. I would go with a Gigabyte UD3P.[/QUOTE]P43 is the single slot equivalent to P45. I'm not keen on crossfire anyway or SLI to be honest. He has bought Nividia so P45 not worth it.
[QUOTE=''mattpunkgd''][QUOTE=''artiedeadat40'']You would be crazy to buy a GTX280 and a Q9550 and not get a P45. I would go with a Gigabyte UD3P.[/QUOTE] Yes either the ud3p or the ud3r, the ud3p isn't much more expensive.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the recommendation. I am considering the P45
[QUOTE=''artiedeadat40'']Also buy a quality psu. Thats very important as well. A 750w Corsair isn't too expensive.[/QUOTE] Yea I'm going with a 730 if that is ok http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152036
[QUOTE=''mattpunkgd''][QUOTE=''ferret-gamer'']i'd cut down on the ram and buy an i7 processor.[/QUOTE] This isn't just for gaming he said it's ''for animation, media, gaming, rendering, editing.'' True for gaming you probably only need 4gb, but the others you'll want about 8gb.[/QUOTE]

Yes you are correct. I'm going to stick with 8GB to be safe and I know the Q9550 will pack a punch
[QUOTE=''Kamekazi_69''][QUOTE=''artiedeadat40'']Also buy a quality psu. Thats very important as well. A 750w Corsair isn't too expensive.[/QUOTE] Yea I'm going with a 730 if that is ok http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152036[/QUOTE]



I dont think raidmax is a very good brand try this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256045
[QUOTE=''mattpunkgd''][QUOTE=''Kamekazi_69''][QUOTE=''artiedeadat40'']Also buy a quality psu. Thats very important as well. A 750w Corsair isn't too expensive.[/QUOTE] Yea I'm going with a 730 if that is ok http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152036[/QUOTE] I dont think raidmax is a very good brand try this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256045[/QUOTE] Thank you, but what do you mean that it isnt a good brand? almost all of the reviews are very positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment